Build your query URL with Strapi's interactive tool
A wide range of parameters can be used and combined to query your content with the REST API, which can result in long and complex query URLs.
Strapi's codebase uses the
qs directly to generate complex query URLs instead of creating them manually.
You can use the following interactive query builder tool to generate query URLs automatically:
- Replace the values in the Endpoint and Endpoint Query Parameters fields with content that fits your needs.
- Click the Copy to clipboard button to copy the automatically generated Query String URL which is updated as you type.
Please refer to the REST API parameters table and read the corresponding parameters documentation pages to better understand parameters usage.
The default endpoint path is prefixed with
/api/ and should be kept as-is unless you configured a different API prefix using the
rest.prefix API configuration option.
For instance, to query the
books collection type using the default API prefix, type
/api/books in the Endpoint field.
qs library and the interactive query builder provided on this page:
- might not detect all syntax errors,
- are not aware of the parameters and values available in a Strapi project,
- and do not provide autocomplete features.